Thursday, November 24, 2011

A is for Amazing

1. I learn best....
Visual and auditory ways are how I learn best, and mostly when things are in a structured sequence. I can easily adapt to new situations as I try to be flexible, but these are the ways I prefer to learn. I'm lucky that I can process instructions and lessons that are auditory and visual, this way I don't struggle in class. I also learn best by focusing on details. I pick up small things that others might not notice, and when we were trying to make sense of the poem "Icarus" by Christine Hemp, this was very helpful. My strengths are all very helpful when it comes to academic work as I learn best during the present circumstances.

I need to... Language for me is very important when it comes to learning. I like to read things that are written down or hear someone explain something to me. Usually in subjects such as Science and Math, I pick up things quickly and don't need things repeated, again and again. Since I'm still human, I forget things too, so I don't guarantee that I'll remember everything I hear. As I remember explanations from teachers I can help my peers when they need it, so I guess it helps everyone.

The strategies that would help me in my learning...
Music, art, dance and other free form movements would be highly beneficial for me. As my brain is very logic, doing things that don't really make sense to my logic side, is going to help me get my gestalt side more involved. I should also try to look at things from a whole perspective, as I often get so caught up with the details that I forget the 'big picture'. I should really work on reaching the Gestalt side as my dominant hand, foot, eye and ear are all opposite the logic side. My biggest challenge is reaching the Gestalt side when I'm stressed.

I would like my teachers to know this about me...
Though I might seem forgetful and a bit all over the place, I always get my work done and give my best effort. I know I often forget my books, and sometimes my folder, in the classroom but I find away to finish my Homework, one way or the other. As I said I always put my best effort through so I never regret anything when it comes to tests and assignments, I try my best and that's just who I am.

So now you learnt a bit more about me :)
- Kamilla

No comments:

Post a Comment