Saturday, May 21, 2011

The End



1. What piece of work and learning are you most proud? Explain.

I think the piece of work I'm the most proud of would be the first Tic-Tac-Toe we ever did. Tic-Tac-Toe is a series of nine projects put in a 3-by-3 square. You have to choose three projects that are in a line, like the game Tic-Tac-Toe. We had recently finished two units, one 0n the book "Call It Courage" by Armstrong Sperry and the other on the early hominids and the human evolution. The projects were a mixture of both of these units. So to give you a summary of Call It Courage, it's basically about a boy, named Mafatu, with thalassophobia who travels to an island to prove that he's brave. The three projects my group, Val and Li-Yen, chose were a miniature composition of Mafatu's island, a courage essay and a neanderthal comic. I am proud of this because this was at the beginning of the year and we did a really good job on it. We had divided the work evenly and were done early. It also showed all of us how much we knew about each unit, as this project was an end-of-unit assessment.

2. What were your greatest challenges? Explain.

My greatest challenge when it came to work habits was just remembering my things. Some times at the beginning of the year I would bring thing for even days on odd days and vice versa. I would also forget my homework and pencil case here and there. Locker combinations were also a problem--I had three... But along the course of the year it got better. Now I rarely get "lates"and am always in class on time. Homework is give-or-take there. Academically it would just be to bring my homework on time, if you would count that as academic.

3. Reflecting on your growth this year, what did you learn about yourself as a learner?

I've learnt that I always try to go "above and beyond", even though it doesn't always work. I've learnt that I'm confident in my abilities and try to do everything I can to make any piece of work I do, great. I know that I will always attempt every challenge, and I'm usually proud of myself no matter what the outcome. I've also learnt that I sometimes leave things to the last minute, and that it can effect my quality of work. Most importantly I've learnt that in a collaborative project, I will ALWAYS do my part.

4. To evaluate your work habits, choose 1 of the following from each category ( and provide explanations):

a) Behavior

Could be improved
Satisfactory

Perfect - the model student

Explanation:
I never cause trouble in class. I rarely get called on by the teacher while talking, but it has happened. I'm responsible when it comes to choosing my seat in class and my partners for projects, but they are mostly girls and my friends. I don't distract other students or act irresponsibly.

b) Participation

None
Satisfactory

Actively participate in class

Explanation:

I usually know the answer when it comes to questions the teacher asks. I listen to other students when they speak or ask questions. I'm not afraid to tell the teacher if somethings bothering me or just ask a question in front of the class.

c) Organization

Needs serious help
Satisfactory
I'm super organized

Explanation:
Well honestly I would like to say I'm slightly above "satisfactory" when it comes to organization, but I'm definitely not "super organized". You see, at the beginning of the year, as I've said before, I wasn't the most responsible person in the school. Now I almost always have my HW and rarely forget my things. I've gotten a lot better but I'm still not perfect.

d) Effort

Needs serious help
Satisfactory

I always go above and beyond what is required.

Explanation:
Firstly, I don't ALWAYS go "above and beyond', I ALWAYS try, but sometimes it doesn't work. Mostly I do though. One of the clearest examples of this would be in humanities. The projects I do always(well almost always) come out great. Whether it's a written essay, an artistic project or an IT project.

5. Based upon your reflections, write two personal learning goals for Grade 7 next year.

Goal 1 - In Grade 7, I plan to


Get more organized and NEVER forget my Homework, PE things etc.

Goal 2 - In Grade 7, I plan to

Keep trying my hardest at everything I do.

6.Is there any more information about yourself that you would like the teachers to know?

I might seem disorganized and a bit all over the place at first, but I do get better after a while and after I've settled in.

7. Finally, cast your minds back to the first few months of middle school (when you arrived in Grade 6 ) what "Words of Wisdom" or "Advice" could you pass on to the Class of 2018?

Yes, a few actually:
  • With the locker combinations, don't stress if you forget it/them in the beginning, it gets better:)
  • Don't freak out if you get one C or D or even NP
  • If you continuously get grades that are below a B-, ask the teacher what you're doing wrong
  • Don't be scared of the High-Schoolers, they don't bite!
  • If you ever get lost, don't be scared to ask for directions
  • Don't stalk Power School ;)
  • Check moodle EVERY day
  • Don't leave things 'till the last minute!
Enjoy 6th Grade!!!!

Pic:

http://www.capsandcoils.com/news.html?language=de

No comments:

Post a Comment