Thursday, December 2, 2010

Learning Profile...

In class we just learned a new thing in which we get to know our "Learning Profile". Your learning profile tells you a lot of things about you; things that can help you and things that like what your biggest challenge is or what part of your body doesn't function as well under stress.To get to know our Learning Profile we did a series of test to find out our dominant parts and also do find out if you're logic dominant or gestalt dominant. Well after we did that we filled out a chart like worksheet and found out what our profile was. In this blog post I'm going to finish these paragraphs; (1) I learn best when... (2) I need to... (3) The strategies that would help me in my learning... And(4) I would like my teachers to know this about me... I'm logic dominant and my learning profile is C.


1. I learn best when I read and listen. As in if the teacher explains something to me I'll most probably understand what he/she is saying. I do forget exactly how to do certain things though, so whatever the teacher tells me doesn't necessarily get stuck in my head.  I also learn well through reading. Basically examples help me learn; sometimes when I get stuck when I am writing my blog posts, I read other people's so that I know what to do and to get inspired and if I'm unsure of something in math, I like to have something to refer to. All the teacher's explain everything and answer any questions I have and I almost always have some  kind of example to refer to, so to sum it all up I learn best during the present circumstances. 


2. I need to listen and explain whatever I've learned verbally or in writing to fully process it. Whenever we learn something new we usually discuss it as a class or in a group for example in French whenever we learn something new we always get a few worksheets on it, so that we fully understand it. Another example would be that in music we always discuss new things with the people close to us. ALWAYS. Like I said in my 1st response, when the teacher explains something to me I'll most probably understand what he/she is saying and by discussing it or explaining it through talking or writing it will get stuck in my head. As you can see all my learning needs are fulfilled. 


Lazy Eight
3. The strategies that would help me in my learning is where to sit and to do some relaxing exercises.If I sit on the left side a couple rows back, this would help me as my left ear is dominant. This would be the best place for me to sit as it would help my hearing the most. Another way that would help me learn would be to do relaxing exercises. One example of a relaxing exercise would be to do "Lazy Eights". In "Lazy Eights" you just draw, you don't even have to draw, an eight on its side, you repeat the pattern and wait for the magic to happen. Lazy Eights help me relax and you can do them anywhere; on your desk with your finger, on a piece of paper with a pen/pencil or in the air. I'm happy that we are going to get a new seating chart based on our learning profiles, this will help everyone learn better and Lazy Eights have already helped me.


4. What I would like my teachers to know about me is that stress and me don't work that well together, I would also like them to know that I think in parts. Stress. Stress limits my left eye, this can create a slight problem as sight is a very important sense. Since it only slightly affects my left eye it doesn't really affect me that much. I'm really happy that I know that it's stress that causes my left eye to not work as well as I was scared that I was losing my sight. That I think in parts is not really a problem, so far it's been more of an advantage. Whenever we have a project I always divide it into parts, mostly content and visual. I always focus on the content first and then go to make the project look better. This strategy has worked really well so far and stress hasn't really been that bad.


I think that it was a good thing that we learned about our brains because this was a GIANT step in the journey to understand ourselves, our brains are really important and it's great that we're learning more about them.





Me with my learning Profile

Pics:
- http://kidicarus222.blogspot.com/2008/07/lazy-eights.html
- http://www.spameditationbliss.com/brainsync.html

No comments:

Post a Comment