Sunday, August 8, 2010

All About Me!!!!!!!

Hello! My name is Kamilla Marianayagam. I am from Stavanger, Norway. My parents are from Sri Lanka but they've lived in Norway for 20 YEARS. So I count myself as a Norwegian.I currently live in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia and have just started middle school.  I am an animal lover and have two dogs called Dingo and Snowy. Dingo is a brown and white Border Collie mix and Snowy is a white (duh!) labrador mix, we got them both from the SPCA. They are lazy but still quite cute. Now back to me... I love art, drawing in particular, reading and writing fictional stories. My favorite sport would be gymnastics. I just love the way it feels hanging up-side-down! I have a dad called Marcus, a mom called Maryanne a big sister ,Kristin, who is in university and a twin sister, Kathleen, in 6th grade (just like me!). We fight a lot but, hey, don't all sisters do that?


Reading
Reading is one of my favorite hobbies. The books that interest me are mostly fictional stories with magic and mythological creatures. To me authors are amazing people, who could come up with half the things they have? The thing I love most about reading is that I can be in a whole new world and I can witness all the great adventures the characters have and just be a part of them.


The latest books I have read are:


  • Eon: Dragoneye Reborn by Allison Goodman (currently reading now)
  • Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K Rowling
  • Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by J.K Rowling
Eon: Dragoneye Reborn is about a girl who is called Eona, who lives in "The Empire of the Celestial Dragons" where boys had more opportunities and were treated better than girls. Eona wants to become a "Dragoneye", or a powerful sorcerer. It all had to be done in secrecy 
since it was unheard of for a girl to become a Dragoneye. It is an amazing story! Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows is about Harry's final battle against Voldermort. As the prophecy says "neither can live if the other survives" In Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, he goes on yet another adventure to try and defeat the "Dark Lord." This great book ends with a great loss.


Movie
The latest movie I've seen is Karate Kid starring Jaden Smith and Jackie Chan. It was really funny and entertaining and I loved the ending!!! It's about a boy called Dre who moves to China and ends up becoming enemies with the school bully, Cheng, on the first day of school. Thus begins his journey of learning the true meaning of kung fu. During his journey he  got a loyal friend and proved that anyone can do anything if they truly believe. Highly recommended.


Goals
My academic goal is to excel at all my classes, my main focus will be organization and my social goal is to make new friends with new people.


Vacation Memory
My favorite vacation memory is my most recent one in Kuala Terrenganu because I spent it with my cousins who came all the way from Norway and England. We went to a beautiful hotel called Tanjong Jara. It was right by the beach so we went swimming everyday, they also had a 2 giant pools. I went kayaking for the first time and it was lots of fun crashing into the waves!


Me!!!
Here are four adjectives that describe me:


  • Shy
  • Hardworking
  • Bookworm
  • Friendly
Now I've come to the end of my first blog post, so bye and I'll write to you guys soon!!!
- Kamilla :D

2 comments:

  1. OMG! I also have a twin sister.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So relatable!!! my social goal is to make new friends with new people and to embark on the journey of learning the true meaning of kung fu!!!

    ReplyDelete